What is a Case Interview?
- Specific type of interview used by employers to evaluate how you think, analyze, and work through scenarios
- 1-on-1 formatted interview with case data revealed at the time of the actual interaction
Why do employers use Case Interviewing?
- A strategy for the employer to witness face-to-face how you solve an issue, sometimes with less concern on whether the question is answered correctly, and more focus on process of problem-solving
- Strategy for an employer to identify your methodology in solving problems, regardless of the scenario
How to Solve a Case Study
REMEMBER: Case interviewing = Interview + Business Context + Communicating your analysis
Start ➜ Identify root-cause reason, not symptoms ➜ Find all root-cause problems ➜ Proceed with root cause(s) quickly and efficiently ➜ Stay informed of the latest techniques.
Case Interview Techniques & Prep Websites
- MConsulting Case Interview YouTube Videos
- MConsulting Case Interview Frameworks
- Deloitte Global Services
- Prep Lounge
- Case Interviewing Scenarios on YouTube
For assistance with interview preparation, please schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor. Call 814-898-6164 or schedule on Starfish.