Prior to beginning the 30-credit MBA program, you will need to demonstrate competence in seven key business disciplines:
This process is completely separate from admission. They are pre-enrollment but should be addressed concurrently with the admission process. Please contact Professor Eric Robbins at firstname.lastname@example.org for a personal review of your situation.
There are two routes to obtain competence:
- Show transcript grades (undergraduate or graduate) of B or better in these courses, within last seven years, AND/OR
- Complete modules from MBA IQ for the disciplines in which you need to demonstrate competence.
- Modules are self-paced and can be started anytime but must be completed prior to enrolling in classes.
- Students may need all modules or only a few.
- Students who need to meet competence in all seven areas should complete Modules 100, 200, and 300.
- To access modules, email Eric Robbins, MBA administrative director.
- Each module finishes with a pass/fail examination that can be repeated, if needed.
- Students must attain a “pass” rating and submit examination reports.
All MBA applicants must submit the Proof of Pre-Enrollment Competencies form to indicate how they have obtained competence.
- Download and complete this form: Proof of Pre-Enrollment Competencies form (PDF) | (Word)
- Submit this form prior to your first semester of enrollment.
- Module 100: Management, also includes Economics and Statistics
- Module 200: Operations and Marketing
- Module 300: Accounting and Finance
Cost: $250 each, $700 for all three
If you have questions, contact Eric Robbins, MBA administrative director, phone 814-898-6940.