Students from all Erie County schools have the opportunity to put their hard-earned skills to work, gaining experience in their field and growing portfolios that will be attractive to future employers. Students can bolster their portfolios by participating in research projects or they can apply for funding for their own projects.
Innovation Beehive Network
The Innovation Beehive Network offers entrepreneurship support services at all of Erie County's universities and through it the Idea Lab at Blasco Library at little to no cost to the entrepreneur. Students are at the core of this network and are employed at each site to carry out these services and gain unique experience. For employment and volunteering opportunities, contact the site of your interest.
- Product design, rapid prototyping, app design, and Industry 4.0 consultation through Penn State Behrend's Innovation Commons.
- Business and financial planning support through Gannon University's Beehive node. For information, contact Brad Gleason.
- Marketing and branding through Edinboro University's Beehive, the Center for Branding and Strategic Communications. For information, contact Tony Peyronel.
- Business Intelligence support through Mercyhurst University's Beehive node. For information, contact Brian Fuller.
- Open makerspace access at Blasco Library's Idea Lab.
Have questions about any of these services? Are you a student and want to get involved? You can contact Jake Marsh at Penn State Behrend.
Have an idea that you want to pursue as a client of the Beehive Network? Fill out the Innovation Beehive Network's entry form to be connected to all of the Beehive sites.