The Ignite Erie Industry+University Collaborative offers many resources for entrepreneurs.
Innovation Beehive Network
The Innovation Beehive Network offers entrepreneurship support services at all of Erie County's universities and through it the Idea Lab at Blasco Library at little to no cost to the entrepreneur.
- Product design, rapid prototyping, app design, and industry 4.0 consultation through Penn State Behrend's Innovation Commons.
- Business and financial planning support through Gannon University's Beehive node. For information, contact Brad Gleason.
- Marketing and branding through Edinboro University's Beehive, the Center for Branding and Strategic Communications. For information, contact Tony Peyronel.
- Business Intelligence support through Mercyhurst University's Beehive node. For information, contact Brian Fuller.
- Open makerspace access at Blasco Library's Idea Lab.
Have questions about any of these services? You can contact Jake Marsh at Penn State Behrend.
Ready to get started? Fill out the Innovation Beehive Network's entry form to be connected to all of the Beehive sites.
Often, those engaged in innovation can stumble over legal issues. Early legal counsel can be instrumental in setting up corporation, researching intellectual property options and/or obstacles, or managing legal mistakes. Penn State Law offers assistance to entrepreneurs across Pennsylvania through the Happy Valley Launchbox at University Park.