Social Security Application
Along with your completed Social Security Application, you will need to bring the following items to the Social Security Office:
- Letter from the office that is hiring you. This should be on official letterhead and should include:
- Your name, a brief job description, and anticipated or actual employment start date;
- Employer Identification Number (EIN) - the Penn State EIN is 24-6000376;
- Employer contact information, including the telephone number and the name of the student’s immediate supervisor;
- Original signature, signatory’s title, and date.
- Letter from ISSA verifying student status, full-time enrollment, and eligibility for employment. To request a letter, fill out the request for the Social Security letter in iStart.
- Go to Full Client Services.
- Select “Letter Requests,” then “Social Security,” and complete the eForm.
- Note: You must have two phone numbers (mobile and home) and local and home addresses in LionPath, be registered for classes, have zero holds on your account, and be in active status in the SEVIS system to obtain your letter.
- I-94 (print the I-94 form)
- Penn State Student ID
Social Security Office
- Location: 717 State Street, Suite 500, Erie, PA 16501
- Contact Info: 1-877-405-2887 | www.ssa.gov
- Hours: Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.; CLOSED Saturday and Sunday.
- Public Transportation: EMTA Bus 26