Commuter Frequently Asked Questions

Commuter Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I get tutoring?
Many resources are available to students who need help with their classes. The best place to start is the Learning Resource Center.

Where can I find out about campus jobs?
Options for on-campus jobs vary depending on your work-study award status. Student jobs are listed on the Penn State jobs website.

Are lockers available on campus?
Lockers are available in Reed Union Building. These may be rented for $10 per semester at the Reed Union Building (RUB) Desk. Students must provide their own lock.

Where can I eat on campus?
Housing and Food Services operates a number of dining locations on campus. The main campus eatery is Dobbins Dining Hall. Reed Union Building houses Bruno's Cafe, Paws coffee shop, and The Galley convenience store. Burke Center is home to Clark Cafe. 

Is a meal plan available to commuter students?
Commuter students may purchase a meal plan or they may use Lion Cash. For information on meal plans, visit the Housing and Food Services website.

Where can I study?
Lilley Library is a great option for studying with its private study rooms on the ground floor. Various seating areas in all the academic buildings are also convenient spots for quick study sessions between classes.