Financial Aid and Scholarships

Financial Aid and Scholarships

Study Abroad program costs vary significantly, depending on where you’re going and how long you’re staying, but room and board charges at many locations are comparable to what you’d be paying here. For full-semester programs, you will pay Penn State tuition. Short-term, embedded programs cost as little as $2,500, including airfare and accommodations.

Penn State Financial Aid and Scholarships

In most cases, financial aid and scholarships travel with you!

  • Penn State Behrend majors are eligible for the college’s need-based scholarships. The application can be found under scholarships for undergraduate students in the financial aid section.
  • Need and merit-based grants-in-aid are awarded by the Office of Global Programs and apply to all Penn State students.
  • Schreyer Scholars are eligible for Schreyer Ambassador Awards that help defray travel expenses.

Other Scholarships

  • There are also national scholarships, such as the Gilman Scholarship and Boren Scholarship. Information and application advice is provided to eligible students.
  • Certain programs, such as those provided through IES and CIEE, also offer scholarships based on merit, need, and other factors.
  • If you plan to transfer to another campus, check to see what scholarships are available there.

For information on amounts of awards, eligibility criteria, deadlines, and application support, see the study abroad adviser. Call 814-898-6140 or email to schedule an appointment.