Penn State Behrend Fall Career and Internship Fair
- In-Person Fall Career and Internship Fair, Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 11:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Employer registration will be open in July
- Virtual Fall Career and Internship Fair, TBA
If you have immediate hiring needs, including full-time positions for graduates or openings for summer internships, we can post those opportunities to Nittany Lion Careers and coordinate interviews with interested candidates via Zoom or on campus. Send job descriptions and any tentative dates you would like to hold interviews to [email protected].
The VIRTUAL career fair platform, Nittany Lion Careers, is very user-friendly.
We've created a short video to show you more:
About the In-Person Career and Internship Fair
- More than 1,200 candidates are expected from Behrend and other area colleges and universities; recruit for full-time, internship, co-op, part-time/summer positions, and/or provide career and organization information.
- The in-person fair is held in Junker Center, a spacious athletic complex with ample room to discuss job, internship, and career information with candidates.
- Electric is available on a first-request basis. You must request electric in advance of the fair. Electric will not be provided on the day of the fair.
- Evening and day-after fair interviewing space is available. Interviewing space is limited.
- Space is limited, so registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The priority registration deadline is September 1 to provide your company with the greatest opportunity for exposure on our website and promotional materials prior to the fair.
- Due to space and safety constraints, there is a limit of three representatives per table. If you need to bring more than three representatives, you may purchase an additional table.
- We recommend bringing a company display and any informational handouts that will be helpful for students. Bring company name tags.
- Confirmation will be sent immediately after registration.
- Additional information with a campus map and parking pass will be sent one week prior to the fair.
About the Virtual Career and Internship Fair
- Connect with students in a virtual format through Nittany Lion Careers, which includes virtual booths and virtual lines.
- No limit on the number of representatives attending.
- 1-on-1 timed video chats and group video chats.
- You will create your own Zoom, Teams, Skype, or whatever meeting link your company uses to chat with students, along with instructions on how students should connect with you.
- Set up and manage virtual interview slots following the career fair to continue to engage with candidates.
Virtual Career and Internship Fair Registration Instructions
- Using the link above, begin your registration by selecting your registration type and entering your company’s information.
- Add the number of representatives that will be participating and their contact information. **We recommend that you utilize multiple representatives to more easily connect with students in 1-on-1 chats, while waiting in your virtual line, and/or in group chats.
- Select the maximum length of time for your 1-on-1 chats (ranging from 5-15 minutes). Be sure to include your meeting link and instructions on how students should connect with you. Alternative instructions also should be added, such as an email, phone number, or alternative meeting link if students cannot connect using the primary virtual meeting link. It will be easiest if you have this information ready before you start your registration.
- Determine if you wish to host a group chat to provide an overview of your company and answer commonly asked questions (this should be hosted by another representative who is not conducting 1-on-1 chats). Be sure to include your meeting link and instructions on how students should connect with you. Alternative instructions also should be added, such as an email, phone number, or alternative meeting link if students cannot connect using the primary virtual meeting link. It will be easiest if you have this information ready before you start your registration.
- Upload a logo, company website, and company description.
- Indicate the position titles, position types, and majors that match your recruiting needs.
- Determine your preferred payment method and confirm your registration.
- Over 4,700 students in 37 bachelor's degree programs, 4 associate degree programs, 34 minors, 20 certificate programs, and 5 graduate programs.
- You may update your registration to reflect the number of representatives attending by emailing [email protected]. This must be done PRIOR to the fair as you cannot add representatives on the day of the fair.
- The standard non-refundable registration fee for virtual fair is $175, and the government/non-profit fee is $25. Please have your payment information ready when registering.
- The standard non-refundable registration fee for in-person fair is $225, and the government/non-profit fee is $35. Please have your payment information ready when registering.
- Employers who cancel their registration prior to September 1, 2022, will be offered the opportunity for their registration fee to be applied to the following career fair. Employers may only shift their registration once. After September 1, no transfers will be available for cancellations.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available for program ad space or to sponsor a suit in our Career Closet. Simply sign up on the registration form.
- Your registration will not be considered complete until ACPC receives payment.