Peer Tutoring Benefits
Peer tutoring is a very rewarding job. There are obvious benefits for the student receiving the tutoring, but also many advantages for the tutor, including:
- Review and mastery of previous coursework
- Improved communication and interpersonal skills
- Opportunity to develop relationships with instructors and campus staff
- Sense of accomplishment from helping others
- Convenience of working on-campus
- Utilization of work-study grant, if applicable
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- At least second semester standing or higher
- Grade of A or A- in the course you want to tutor
- Two faculty recommendations
- No Academic Integrity violations
Strong hiring preference is given to students who can tutor for at least 3 or more semesters at Behrend.
Become a Tutor
Please contact our office if you have any questions or would like to apply.