The Chancellor's Council on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (CCDEI) recommends and evaluates strategies and policies related to enhancing diversity and improving the campus climate, with particular emphasis on faculty. It also provides advice and counsel on the college's Strategic Plan for Diversity as it relates to the seven-point University-wide framework for diversity, which includes:
- Developing a shared and inclusive understanding of diversity
- Creating a welcoming campus climate
- Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce
- Developing a curriculum that fosters intercultural and international competencies
- Diversifying leadership and management
- Coordinating organizational change to support diversity goals
This committee helps to strengthen the college's efforts to create a campus climate that promotes understanding, respect, and support for a diverse campus community through collaboration with the Office of Educational Equity and Diversity Programs, the Women’s Engagement Council, the Multi-Cultural Council, and the Student Government Association Diversity Committee.
For more information about institutional equity and diversity at Penn State Behrend, please contact Andy Herrera, director of educational equity and diversity programs, at 814-898-7101.