Our goals are to support faculty instruction and increase student success. We want to:
- Improve student preparedness for college-level work through applied study skills.
- Make students aware of the time commitment that learning requires.
- Help students achieve higher GPAs, particularly at the lower levels, to make them competitive for graduate school, study abroad programs, and national scholarships and fellowships.
- Provide opportunities for students who become tutors to share their expertise, develop their academic and interpersonal skills, and be more competitive when applying to graduate programs.
- Support the internationalization of the campus.
- Collaborate with faculty on ways to improve our support.
LRC Advisory Committee
The LRC Advisory Committee is composed of faculty from the four schools of the college and meets each semester with LRC staff and lead tutors to review usage data and evaluations; identify areas for improvement; and discuss future initiatives.
Meet the Administrative Staff
Ruth Pflueger, Director
Global Programs Campus Representative
Grad School and Scholarship Applications
Affiliate Instructor of English
[email protected] – 814-898-6418
Andrea Lutz, Administrative Support Coordinator
Tutor Class Visit Management
Guided Study Groups and Exam Prep
[email protected] – 814-898-6361
AnaBella Lassiter, Program Coordinator
Social Media Management
Peer Tutor Management
[email protected] – 814-898-6183
We look forward to working with you. Thank you for your support!