Behrend tutors are responsible for assisting students with challenging course content. Our tutors are not expected to know everything. They are expected to encourage students to be their academic best.
From their hard work, many Behrend tutors develop positive relationships with their tutees. Behrend students can even submit nominations for their tutor(s) to receive an Outstanding Tutor Award at the Honors and Awards Convocation in the Spring semester.
There are obvious benefits for the student receiving the tutoring, but also many advantages for the tutor, including:
- Review and mastery of previous coursework
- Improved communication and interpersonal skills
- Opportunity to develop relationships with instructors and campus staff
- Sense of accomplishment from helping others
- Convenience of working on-campus
- Ability to create work schedule based on classes
- Utilization of work-study grant, if applicable
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- At least second-semester standing or higher
- Grade of A or A- in the course you want to tutor
- Two faculty recommendations
- No Academic Integrity violations
- Need to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
Strong hiring preference is given to students who can tutor for at least three or more semesters at Behrend.
Become a Tutor
Please contact our office if you have any questions or would like to apply.