TutorTrac Scheduling Instructions
Make an Appointment
Please note: Appointments display 18 hours in advance and cannot be scheduled before then.
- Login to TutorTrac.
- On the left sidebar, in the “Student Options” box, click the Search Availability button.
- In the Search Options box, select one of the following: Subject Tutoring or Writing Tutoring.
- Subject Tutoring will allow you to search for a particular course.
- For the Section menu, select the course.
- A course choice is not necessary if you selected Writing Tutoring.
- For the Location menu, select: Online or Library Location (for in-person appointments).
- For the From and To fields, select a date for each to establish a date range.
- For the Time field, select the time range.
- For the Days field, select the day(s) that you are available to meet with a tutor.
- You can choose "All" days, "None" of the days, "M-F" for Monday through Friday, or click on the individual day(s).
- Click the Search button.
- You will see the available tutors for the course during the time range you selected.
- A green highlight means that you can schedule a one-on-one appointment with any of those tutors.
- A blue highlight (for Drop-in Hours, Guided Study Groups, and Exam Prep) don’t require an appointment --- just Zoom in!
- Zoom links for Drop-in Hours are on the LRC Drop-in Hours web page.
- Zoom links for Guided Study Groups and Exam Prep are on the TutorTrac main menu. To get back to the main menu, click the Main Menu button located at the top, left of the page.
- To schedule a one-on-one appointment, click on a green box that has the date/time you want.
The Appointment Info window will open as shown below.
- The Center field will be populated with the choice you made earlier, i.e. Subject Tutoring or Writing Tutoring.
- Your course will appear next in the Subject field.
- Optional: For the Reason field, select a reason for your session.
- The date and time that you selected appears after the Reason field. For the Appointment Duration field, you can increase the duration of the appointment to 60 minutes, if the tutor is available.
- In the Notes box, enter your goals for the session. You may also add a phone number or any notes that pertain to the material.
- We recommend that you sign up for text alerts to remind you of your upcoming appointments. To do so, scroll down to the box that asks "Would you like to sign up for text messaging reminders for your appointments?" and click the Yes button.
- Click the Save button.
- A confirmation message will be sent to your Penn State email address.
- For online appointments, the Zoom link appears on TutorTrac's main menu 15 minutes before your appointment.
Cancel an Appointment
If you need to cancel the appointment, you must do so at least two hours in advance in order to avoid getting a “No-Show” on your TutorTrac account.
FOR ONLINE APPOINTMENTS, LOG INTO TUTORTRAC 15 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT. A message with your Zoom link will appear at the bottom of the TutorTrac main page.