Who Can Register for Summer Sessions?
If you currently attend another college or university or are just looking to take a class or two, you will enroll as a nondegree student. If you are a current Penn State student, you will enroll through LionPATH.
You can view summer course offerings on LionPATH.
- Nondegree: Any person having received a high school diploma or its equivalent may be permitted to register as a non-degree regular student.
Enrollment as a nondegree student does not imply admission to the University. You must make a formal application to the Office of Admissions to be considered for admission as an undergraduate degree candidate.
If you would like to become a Penn State Behrend student, you can apply for admission. Visit Admissions for more information.
If you have been offered admission as a degree student for summer, please contact the Academic and Career Planning Center at 814-898-6164 or Office of Adult Learner Services at 814-898-6700 for additional information on registration.
Questions concerning graduate enrollment status or enrollment as a non-degree graduate student may be directed to the Graduate Admissions Office at 814-898-7255.
- Mail: If you would like to register as a nondegree student, you must complete the Undergraduate Nondegree Enrollment form. You can print a copy of the form and mail it to the Registrar's Office, Penn State Behrend, 4851 College Drive, Erie PA 16563. All non-degree students register on a space-available basis.
- Email: You could instead complete the Undergraduate Nondegree Enrollment Form and email it as an attachment to [email protected].
Undergraduate Nondegree Enrollment Forms should be received no later than April 1 for Maymester and Session I enrollment and no later than June 1 for Session II enrollment.
- Once the enrollment form is processed, you will receive an email with instructions for activating your Penn State Access Account.
- Once your account is active, log into LionPATH. Complete the Pre-Registration Activity Guide found in the To Do List and register for the classes you'd like to take.
- If a course has an enforced prerequisite (found in the enrollment information section of the course description), then you must complete the Requisite Prerequisite Override Form found in the Enrollment section of LionPATH. For assistance, visit the LionPATH Support page. Note: You must have received notification of your PSU summer enrollment activation before using this feature.
- Go to Canvas to access classes. Books can be ordered online through the Penn State Bookstore.
Summer bills and payment information can be found in LionPATH under Manage Account/Make a Payment. Contact the Bursar's Office at 814-898-6224 if you have questions about your bill.
For advising assistance contact:
[email protected] or 814-898-6700
Summer is a little different than the academic year. Penn State students can take courses at other Penn State campuses without any change-of-campus location.
Regardless of campus location courses are taken, thought, they become a part of your Penn State academic record. Your Penn State grade point average will be affected. All Penn State policies such as number of times to attempt classes, academic warning, etc., will be in effect.
Talk it over with your academic adviser and determine if summer courses would be a good choice for you.
- Summer registration is now open. Visit LionPATH for course offerings; use the Find Classes feature.
- If you are missing the requisites or prerequisites for a course you must file for permission to take the course. Complete the Requisite Prerequisite Override Form found in the Enrollment section of LionPATH. For assistance, visit the LionPATH Support page.
Penn State offers a limited number of summer success scholarships. The deadline to apply is April 22, 2022. Reach out to the Office of Financial Aid with any further questions.