First-year application is for adults who:
- have graduated high school four or more years ago with a strong cumulative GPA, and
- have completed sufficient academic math courses such as algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
- or have received an honorable discharge from the military
If you have obtained a GED, or if you don’t meet the GPA and math unit criteria, you may be given the opportunity to be considered for the Division of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) with conditions.
Please note that this information is intended to give you a general idea of admissibility to Penn State Behrend, not other Penn State campuses.
If you are an adult learner who is interested in attending another Penn State campus, you should contact the Admissions Office at that campus. They will provide you with adult-specific admissions information. Each Penn State campus has different criteria for admission.
Learn more about other Penn State campuses
- Complete the online Penn State Undergraduate Application, including a $65 application fee.
- Have your official* transcripts from high school and all post-secondary institutions attended sent directly to the Admissions Office at the address listed below. For those who have a GED, the official GED transcript is required, as well as the official high school transcript. If you have received a GED from the state of Pennsylvania, you may request a GED transcript online.
- If you were a member of the Armed Forces, please have an ACE/military transcript sent to us. The ACE transcripts are free to veterans.
All above materials should be sent to:
Penn State Behrend
4701 College Drive
Erie, PA 16563
For additional information, contact us:
Fax Number: 814-898-6044
* An official transcript is one that is sent directly from the Records Office of the institution(s) attended to the Admissions Office of Penn State Behrend (address listed above).