Adult Non-Degree Students

Adult Non-Degree Students

Non-degree admission is available to those applicants who have not been granted provisional or degree admission. This is also an option for individuals whose degree applications cannot be processed in time for the next semester.


You must be a high school graduate or have passed the GED test to qualify for non-degree status. Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid for the period of time that they are in non-degree status.

To Apply:

Non-Degree Admission
To apply as a non-degree student at Penn State Behrend, please print and complete the application form then send to the Registrar's Office, Penn State Behrend, 4701 College Drive., Erie, PA, 16563. If you don't have access to a printer, e-mail the Registrar's Office at or call the Registrar's Office at 814-898-6104 or the Admissions Office at 814-898-6100 or toll free at 866-374-3378.

Non-Degree to Degree Admission
Once you have completed the required number of Penn State credits as a non-degree student, you may apply for degree status. This gives you the opportunity to become a degree-seeking student and be considered for financial aid.

Click here for information about applying for degree admission.

Important Information:

Non degree admission is available at all Penn State locations. The following conditions apply to non-degree admission:

  • Course registration for new students begins August 1 for the fall semester and December 1 for the spring semester.
  • There is no application fee.
  • Official high school transcripts are not required at the time of application.
  • On-campus housing is available on a space available basis only.