The Black School of Business offers a Financial Controllership Certificate (FINCT).
The Financial Controllership Certificate is designed to provide students with the skill sets to succeed in becoming a corporate accounting and financial management professional. Required coursework is aligned with topics covered by the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) examination. CMA certification demonstrates expertise in financial planning, analysis, control, decision support, and professional ethics. To earn an undergraduate certificate in Financial Controllership, a minimum of 15 credits is required.
*Note that 13 credits of prerequisites are required.
Prescribed Courses (15 credits)
Required courses: 15 credit hours
- ACCTG 340: Cost Accounting
- ACCTG 422: Accounting Systems
- ACCTG 426: Financial Statement Analysis
- FIN 420: Investment and Portfolio Analysis
- FIN 461: Portfolio Management and Analysis
* Prerequisites: ACCTG 211, ACCTG 305 or ACCTG 371, ACCTG 312; FIN 301
For more information, please contact Dr. Ashutosh Deshmukh, Professor of Accounting and MIS, at [email protected] or 814-898-6438.