Research and Publications
Penn State Behrend emphasizes research as a major component of the undergraduate experience and provides nearly $250,000 in funding for such research opportunities each year. School of Humanities and Social Sciences students collaborate with professors on research, publications, and projects that make a difference in the real world.
Students also have an opportunity to learn and work in the college’s outreach centers, which provide valuable services to the community.
- CORE: Susan Hirt Hagen Center for Community Outreach, Research and Evaluation
- GEAR: Greater Erie Arts Rentals
- The Institute on the American Dream
- Janet Neff Sample Center for Manners and Civility
- PARC, Prevention of Aggression Resource Center
- The Public Policy Fund at Penn State Behrend
- Virtual/Augmented Reality Lab
- Young People's Chorus of Erie