ERIE, Pa. — Penn State Behrend wrestler Jake Paulson is 15-0 in dual matches and 18-1 overall this season. He won all three of his matches at the John Reese Duals in Wilkes-Barre, taking two of them by pin.
The college’s basketball, volleyball, bowling, track and field and swimming and diving teams also were in action last week. Here are the highlights:
- Penn State Behrend 80, Penn State Altoona 46
- Penn State Behrend 85, Hilbert 80
- Penn State Behrend 58, Mt. Aloysius 51
Dan Wanker, a senior from Pittsburgh, led the team with 22 points against Hilbert. Andy Niland, a senior from Fairview, scored 21 against Penn State Altoona.
- Penn State Altoona 79, Penn State Behrend 63
- Hilbert 62, Penn State Behrend 50
- Mt. Aloysius 48, Penn State Behrend 44
Kourtney Beamesderfer, a sophomore from Rebersburg, scored a season-high 17 points against Hilbert. Alanna Dibble, a freshman from Lakewood, New York, added eight rebounds.
Men’s swimming and diving
- Penn State Behrend 125, Penn State Altoona 81
- Penn State Behrend 101, Pitt-Bradford 47
Mark Patterson, a senior from North Huntingdon, won the 100 backstroke against Penn State Altoona, finishing in 54.25. He and teammates Chase Bietz, Matt Karenbauer and Quinn Fischer also won the 200 medley relay.
Women’s swimming and diving
- Penn State Behrend 128, Penn State Altoona 65
- Penn State Behrend 69, Pitt-Bradford 21
Marcella Puglia, a freshman from Beaver Falls, won the 100 and 200 backstroke events against Penn State Altoona. She also swam a leg of the 200 medley relay, which the Lions won.
- Penn State Behrend 39, Keystone 6
- Wilkes 37, Penn State Behrend 9
- Scranton 40, Penn State Behrend 9
Michael Binni, a freshman from Canonsburg, and Levko Higgins, a sophomore from Palmyra, each won twice at the John Reese Duals. Binni wrestles in the 125-pound weight class; Higgins wrestles at 197.
Men’s track and field
Chris Drozynski, a junior from Stoneboro, set a school record in the 3K at the SPIRE Midwest Open. He finished in 8:43.23, qualifying for the All-Atlantic Region D3 indoor meet.
Women’s track and field
Riley Crissman, a junior from Bradford, set a school record in the 3K at the SPIRE Midwest Open. She finished in 10:38.34. Myeisha Sanders, a junior from Erie, set a school record in the weight throw with a throw of 13.69 meters.
- Penn State Behrend 3, St. Joseph’s Brooklyn 0
- Penn State Behrend 3, Cairn 0
- Penn State Behrend 3, Mount Union 0
Anthony Sprentz, a senior from Cranberry Township, earned his 2,000th assist in the win over Cairn. Josh Mathews, a sophomore from Rochester, New York, scored a career-high seven aces against Mt. Union.
- Penn State Behrend 4, Pitt-Bradford 0 (Baker match format)
- Penn State Behrend 768, Pitt-Bradford 754
- Pitt-Bradford 804, Penn State Behrend 672
- Eighth (of eight teams) at the St. Francis Red Flash Tournament
Brianna Lundy, a junior from North Huntingdon, led the Lions in two wins over Pitt-Bradford. She bowled a 196 in the first game and a 160 in the second. She placed 14th in a field of 62 bowlers at the Red Flash Tournament.
Scores, results and updates for Penn State Behrend athletics are posted at psblions.com.