ERIE, Pa. — The Penn State Behrend men’s swimming and diving team won its 14th consecutive Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference championship at the Allegheny Empire meet in Rochester, New York. The women’s team placed second.
The college’s basketball, volleyball, track and field, tennis and water polo teams also were in action last week. Here are the highlights.
- Penn State Behrend 65, Pitt-Bradford 51
- Penn State Behrend 77, Hilbert 61
Six players had season-best scoring against Pitt-Bradford. The team will face Mt. Aloysius in the first round of the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference tournament on Feb. 25.
- Penn State Behrend 79, Pitt-Bradford 51
- Penn State Behrend 67, Hilbert 64
Kara Haslett, a sophomore from Baden, scored a career-high 22 points against Pitt-Bradford. Alanna Dibble, a sophomore from Lakewood, New York, added 19 points and grabbed 13 rebounds.
- Southern Virginia 3, Penn State Behrend 1
- Messiah 3, Penn State Behrend 0
- Penn State Behrend 3, D’Youville 0
Dillon Hildebrand, a senior from Red Lion, recorded 12 kills against Southern Virginia. Cody Schnur, a sophomore from Butler, had a .714 attack percentage against D’Youville, scoring five kills on seven attempts.
Men’s swimming and diving
- First (of five teams) at the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference championships, which were part of the Allegheny Empire meet.
Quinn Fischer, a senior from Fairview, won the 100 freestyle, finishing in 47.05, and swam a leg of the 400 freestyle relay, which the Lions won. James Connolly, a sophomore from Allentown, won the 1,605 freestyle, finishing in 16:26.70.
Women’s swimming and diving
- Second (of six teams) at the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference championships, which were part of the Allegheny Empire meet.
Marcella Puglia, a sophomore from Beaver Falls, won the 1,650 freestyle, finishing in 18:08.07. She set AMCC Meet and Open records and repeated as champion in the event. Barbie Cessar, a sophomore from Slippery Rock, won the 200 breaststroke.
Men’s track and field
Braeden Smith, a junior from Erie, won the high jump at the Nazareth Invitational, clearing a height of 2.05 meters. Jack Georgetson, a junior from Aliquippa, won the pole vault, clearing a height of 4.80 meters.
Women’s track and field
Savanna Carr, a junior from Franklin, won the mile run at the Nazareth Invitational, finishing in 5:14.55. She qualified for the All-Atlantic meet. Jenna Shelton, a senior from Cabot, won the 800-meter race, finishing in 2:16.96.
- Penn State Behrend 7, Westminster 2
- Otterbein 9, Penn State Behrend 0
- Penn State Behrend 8, Waynesburg 1
Ricky Dong, a freshman from Beijing, won a 6-0, 6-4 decision at No. 1 singles against Westminster. He has a 7-1 record for the season.
Women’s water polo
- Salem 25, Penn State Behrend 8
- Wittenberg 23, Penn State Behrend 7
- McKendree 28, Penn State Behrend 2
- Washington & Jefferson 10, Penn State Behrend 7
Shannon Young, a freshman from Roseville, California, scored four goals against Salem. Emily McNaughton, a freshman from Wexford, scored three against Washington & Jefferson.
Scores, results and updates for Penn State Behrend athletics are posted at psblions.com.