What is Resilience
“Resilience is the process of adapting well in the face of adversity, trauma, tragedy, threats or significant sources of stress, such as family and relationship problems, serious health problems or workplace and financial stressors.
It means ‘bouncing back’ from difficult experiences. Research has shown that resilience is ordinary, not extraordinary. People commonly demonstrate resilience.”
~American Psychological Association~
Stressed out? Overwhelmed? Facing a challenging problem?
There are various options to help you address these circumstances, but one is building resilience. Resilience helps you to better cope and make adjustments when you find yourself in such situations.
Learn to build resilience and you will:
- Develop a more optimistic outlook and approach to living life
- Determine what you do and don’t have control over in your life
- Improve your self-esteem and confidence
- Develop skills necessary to accept and adapt to change
- Better manage stress and anxiety
- Take better care of yourself