Penn State Behrend offers students the opportunity to pursue Honors study as a member of the Penn State Behrend Honors Program or the Schreyer Honors College. Students in both programs are fully involved members of the college community, and Honors study is integrated into the required curriculum, although Honors and Scholars students enjoy a number of academic benefits, including:
- Flexibility in planning individualized academic programs with faculty Honors advisers, permitting the pursuit of areas of special interest
- Small Honors classes with a seminar atmosphere
- Encouragement to go beyond regular coursework by undertaking special projects (Honors options), advanced-level courses, independent study, and research at the undergraduate level
- The opportunity to choose a quiet-study environment in special Honors Housing
- Participation in special Honors co-curricular programming
- Special scholarship opportunities
- Course registration priority
- Special library privileges
- Special computer accounts for research projects
Annual Academic Plan
- Annual Academic Plan
Behrend Honors Program members submit their plans each fall semester. The deadline coincides with the Registrar’s fall semester late drop deadline, typically in early November. Students unable to comply by the deadline must contact the Honors Programs Office. Failure to submit a completed Annual Academic Plan by the deadline may result in dismissal from the program.
- Honors Option Form Instructions
- Honors Options, Honors Independent Study/Research forms are due by the end of the third week of the semester in which honors study is taken.
- Please complete the online application for honors options.