Connect with Penn State
- Connect with Penn State Behrend through our Social Media Hub.
- Visit the Department Directory to connect to additional campus resources.
- All incoming students must submit immunization records prior to their arrival on campus. Visit the Health Services Immunization and Requirements page for more information.
- All full-time domestic students are required to submit their health insurance coverage information via LionPATH after registering for classes.
- Remind your student to copy and bring insurance and prescription cards with them.
- Remind your student to bring information about their current and maintenance prescription medications.
Tuition & Money Matters
- Ask your student if they received the email with the tuition bill.
- Remind your student to consent to do business electronically and to sign the Financial Responsibility Agreement (FRA) in LionPATH prior to enrolling for classes.
- Plan for future semesters.
- Add funds to student's LionCash+ account.
- Remind your student to check their Penn State email account frequently. University offices or departments will communicate important information to the student's Penn State email address ([email protected]).
Topics to Discuss with Your Student
- Remind your student to complete online modules.
- Encourage your student to participate in Welcome Week activities.
- Discuss campus safety and decisions regarding alcohol and drug use.
- Discuss time management, study skills, and mutual expectations for staying in touch.
- Talk about how your student will finance their education.
- Explore programs and services available to assist your student.
- Provide a reminder of life skills (including doing laundry, managing a bank account, eating well, accessing healthcare).
- Remind your student to add their cell phone number to the PSUAlert System to receive text and/or voice alerts.