As new members of the Penn State community, there is a lot of new information to learn. This page is intended to help you get started.
Parent & Family Checklist
Connect with Penn State
- Connect with Penn State Behrend through our Social Media Hub.
- Learn about New Student Orientation.
- Visit the Department Directory to connect to additional campus resources.
- All incoming students must submit immunization records prior to their New Student Orientation. Visit the Health Services Immunization and Requirements page for more information.
- All full-time domestic students are required to submit their health insurance coverage information via LionPATH after registering for classes.
- Remind your student to copy and bring insurance and prescription cards with them.
- Remind your student to bring information about their current and maintenance prescription medications.
Tuition & Money Matters
- Remind your student to check their Penn State email account frequently. University offices/departments communicate important information to the student's Penn State email address ([email protected]).
- Ask your student if they received the email with the tuition bill (in most situations, students receive a tuition bill after registering for classes at NSO).
- Remind your student to consent to do business electronically and to sign the Financial Responsibility Agreement (FRA) in LionPATH prior to enrolling for classes.
- Discuss getting online access with your student, as they must delegate access in order for parents to view student information.
- If you are paying tuition, ask your student to add you as an "authorized payer" on their account.
- Plan for future semesters.
- Add funds to student's LionCash+ account.
Discuss with Your Student
- Remind your student to complete online modules.
- Encourage your student to participate in Welcome Week activities.
- Discuss campus safety and decisions regarding alcohol and drug use.
- Discuss time management, study skills, and mutual expectations for staying in touch.
- Talk about how your student will finance their education.
- Explore programs and services available to assist your student.
- Provide a reminder of life skills (including doing laundry, managing a bank account, eating well, and accessing healthcare).
- Remind your student to add their cell phone number to the PSUAlert System to receive text and/or voice alerts.