To receive financial aid, including Federal Direct Stafford and PLUS Loans, you must:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year.
- Comply with Penn State's academic progress standards.
- Not be in default on an educational loan and must not owe a repayment on an adjusted federal grant.
- Be enrolled in an eligible degree program.
- Be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits for undergraduate, 5 credits at the 400 level or above for graduate students).
- If male and age 18-25, be registered for Selective Service.
- Be a citizen or eligible non-citizen with a valid Social Security number.
- Have a high school diploma.