Exceptional high school students can take regular college classes at Penn State Behrend through the Dual Enrollment Program. This program is available during the school year as well as the summer. To be eligible you must have completed at least your sophomore year in high school; priority admission will be given to students who have completed their junior year.
You may take up to 8 credits per semester and receive a Dual Enrollment scholarship that covers 50 percent of the tuition.
Dual Enrollment Admission
If you are interested in pursuing dual enrollment courses at Penn State Behrend, please submit a non -degree enrollment form to the Admissions Office, along with the following:
- Official high school transcript
- Standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, PSAT, PLAN, PSSA, Keystone Exam, etc.)
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or principal
The non-degree enrollment form states that it should be returned University Registrar, but dual enrollment applications must be sent to the Admissions Office.
Please be aware of the following application deadlines:
- August 1 for fall semester (late August-mid-December)
- December 1 for spring semester (mid-January-late April)
- June 1 for summer session (late June-early August)
Submit applications packets to:
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
Penn State Behrend
4851 College Drive
Erie, PA 16563
As an incoming dual enrollment student, you will meet with an academic adviser to choose an appropriate course based on your academic record and goals. You must meet the prerequisites and/or successfully complete any required placement tests.