This guide is a list of courses at Erie County Community College of Pennsylvania that are equivalents of Penn State Behrend courses.
An official review of your transferable credits will occur once a you apply for and are offered admission. This guide is not all inclusive and may change as additional courses are evaluated. Each major has specific requirements that may need to be met prior to admission. For assistance, consult the Penn State Behrend Admissions Office and the Penn State Transfer Credit Tool. The Transfer Worksheet below features Erie County Community College of Pennsylvania (EC3PA) courses suggested for Penn State Behrend readiness.
- Students with EC3PA credits who wish to be reviewed as a Penn State applicant must:
- Complete an application through MyPennState or the Common Application.
- Send official transcripts from EC3PA and any other post-secondary institution where coursework was attempted to Penn State Behrend.
- Once Penn State Behrend has a student application on file and all applicant transcripts, admissions will proceed with a thorough review for admission.
- Equivalencies will transfer with a grade of C or better (2.00 on a 4.00 scale).
- If a student is denied admission to Penn State Behrend, the student can pursue enrollment at EC3PA to build their academic portfolio. Courses taken at EC3PA will act as developmental courses and in certain cases will fulfill academic requirements at Penn State Behrend.
- Students reapplying for admission after being denied admission to Penn State Behrend must attempt 18 credits at EC3PA before reconsideration.
- Until EC3PA obtains regional accreditation, applicants will be reviewed based on high school work and/or GED. Penn State Behrend will use EC3PA work for admissions reviews on an individual basis.
- Current Penn State Behrend students who wish to take EC3PA courses to fulfill Behrend academic requirements must work with their Penn State academic adviser in advance of scheduling to confirm how the courses will apply to their Penn State degree requirements.
- If a Penn State Behrend student withdraws or is dismissed and wishes to reenroll (at Behrend) with new EC3PA work, a reenrollment form must be filed and readmission to Behrend will be decided by the reenrollment academic review committee.
- EC3PA students are encouraged to engage with Penn State through the RaiseMe scholarship platform.
NOTE: Substitutions are for Behrend programs only. Students who attend Behrend or another Penn State campus but are not enrolled in a Behrend major must seek approval from their Penn State academic college.