PARC's goal is to improve school culture and safety for your children. We believe parents are a vital resource in helping schools resolve bullying.
We offer educational seminars to parents, Parent-Teacher Organizations, and community groups. These presentations will feature Dr. Charisse Nixon or one of our staff members and can be tailored to your group's needs.
Our seminars are presented in an easy-to-understand manner and are focused on practical, concrete knowledge. Topics can include the following:
- coping strategies
- how parents can partner with their children and their schools to decrease peer victimization
- internet safety and cyberbullying
- relational and physical aggression
- typical online activities of children
Here are some helpful websites:
- Growing Up Great - This site gives parents information on how to raise children. It offers pamphlets on topics including bullying.
- Kids Against Bullying - This site informs children on what bullying is and how it can be prevented. It offers helpful tips and guides to know when someone is being bullied and how to stop it.
- cyberbullying.us - This site includes research and victim stories about cyberbullying. It offers resources for educators, parents, and teens to help them deal with cyberbullying.
- What to Do When Your Child Feels Invisible Around Other People - by Trudy Ludwig
- Bullying Prevention During Summer Activities - This site discusses the time of the year when the school year ends and students engage in different summer activities. Although these activities can build relationships with peers and adult mentors, we must remember that bullying is possible during these activities.