The Smith Chapel cultivates campus and community life through a wide array of programs, services and activities supporting the educational, religious, spiritual, ethical and social development of Penn State Behrend students. With a student-centered focus on learning and exploration, the facility and programs within share our humanity through meeting and understanding. A place for cultivating opportunities for personal and community growth, The Smith Chapel fosters tolerance, understanding and celebrates diversity.
- Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Note: Evening appointments are available for public and private use.)
- Saturday: By appointment only
- Sunday: By appointment only
- Worship Area: This area is a beautiful, intimate setting for services, performances, classroom, private ceremonies, public events & more.
- Conference Room: This is a great meeting space for student organizations, committees, and community groups.
- Living Room w/Kitchen: This multifunctional area is suitable for social gatherings, luncheons, workshops, speakers or presentations. It is equipped with a TV, drop down screen, projector and laptop.
- Dedication Chapel: This is a quiet and peaceful place for prayer, meditation, and reflection.
- Carillon: A concert series is held each summer.
- Organ: Recitals are often held as part of the Smith Music series.
- Protestant Service: Sundays, 4:00 p.m.
- Catholic Mass: Sundays, 7:00 p.m.
Weddings at the Smith Chapel
Visit our wedding site for details about holding your wedding at the Smith Chapel.
Should you wish to speak to our staff or make a reservation, please call 814-898-6609.