Leadership Scholarship Application - 2020-2021 Academic Year
Scholarships of $1,000 - $2,000 are offered on an annual basis to upper-class students who demonstrate leadership and engagement outside of the classroom. The eligibility for this scholarship is:
- Enrolled upper-class undergraduate student for 2020-2021 at Penn State Behrend
- Have at least a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher
- Have leadership and engagement experiences outside of the classroom
If you are interested in being considered for this scholarship and meet the eligibility standards above, please complete the application before the Friday, May 15, 2020, deadline. Student will be notified of their awards in June/July 2020.
Apply Now: Leadership Scholarship Application
Penn State Summer Leadership Conference
August 2-5, 2020
Penn State Harrisburg campus
The Penn State Summer Leadership Conference will provide a challenging and motivating experience for participants where they will learn to be empowered, confident leaders, both personally and professionally, and will be inspired to lead purposeful lives while upholding the Penn State values of integrity, respect, responsibility, discovery, excellence, and community!
Student who participate in the Penn State SLC will be able to:
- Enhance essential skills and competencies and identify areas for further exploration and development in the pursuit of leadership excellence; specifically, ethical decision-making, creative education and innovation, group dynamics, and conflict management
- Explain the importance of embracing a diverse and inclusive community as it relates to multicultural competency
- Define their leadership values and philosophies through self-awareness exercises
- Demonstrate how their role as a student leader at Penn State can be applied to their future
Application Deadline: May 29, 2020, at 8:00 a.m.
October 23-24, 2020
Outdoor Odyssey, Laurel Highlands, PA
Intended for emerging leaders, LeaderQuest is a retreat opportunity where the western commonwealth Penn State campuses come together to focus on personal development through leadership skills. In the fall, the overnight retreat includes dynamic speakers, high ropes courses, and team collaborations.
Students who participate in LeaderQuest will be able to:
- Recognize personal values and leadership styles and how those traits function in a group setting
- Increase self-awareness about communication skills
- Understand the importance of multicultural competency as a foundation of effective leadership
- Gain a sense of Penn State pride and a respect for the campus community
Apply Now: LeaderQuest 2020 Application
Application Deadline: October 2, 2020, at 8:00 a.m.
This program includes presentations and workshops on various topics that are geared towards helping student leaders succeed and learn about best practices. Specific topics and registration information for these lunches can be found on BehrendSync. Lunch is provided.
For more information and to RSVP for Spring 2020 Leadership Lunch Sessions:
RSVP for: Tuesday, March 31 at 12:30 p.m.
RSVP for: Friday, April 17, at 12:00 p.m.
Penn State Behrend Student Leadership Conference
February 12-13, 2021
Each February, Penn State Behrend students and staff offer insight into what direction to take on your leadership journey. Various sessions with students and staff provide guidance and direction for your college career and future.
Registration will open in November 2020.
- $20 registration fee will need to be paid at the RUB Desk to complete your registration.
- Includes round-trip transportation, Friday night lodging off campus, three meals, and complimentary snacks.
Questions regarding any Leadership programming should be directed to Jaime McCaslin, Assistant Director of Student Leadership and Involvement at [email protected].