Mark Your Calendars for Parents, Families & Alumni Weekend
October 1–3, 2021
Whether in-person or virtually, we look forward to seeing you again.
Parents, Families & Alumni Weekend is one of the highlights of the fall semester at Penn State Behrend.
Each fall, we look forward to inviting parents, family, and alumni to campus for a weekend of activities and fun. While the pandemic has made advance planning difficult, we are making plans for 2021, so please save the dates October 1–3.
We don’t know exactly what this year’s event will look like. We might still be socially distanced, we might still be masked, we might still be limited on size of events, or we might still be joining each other online. We are planning some in-person events but are also prepared to meet you where you are most comfortable. If the past year has taught us anything, it is to be flexible, adaptable, and resourceful!
There is a lot to celebrate at Penn State Behrend: a beautiful campus, talented faculty who foster academic excellence, a wide variety of extracurricular activities, the opportunity to develop close, lasting friendships, and much more.
Please check back as we get closer to understanding how our global community is adapting to the COVID-19 pandemic. We hope to have a final schedule and a link to register for events by June.
Beloved Annual Events* (*following health and safety guidance)
- Free Family Picnic Lunch
- Family Carnival
- Midnight Bingo (at earlier time)
- Horse-Drawn Trolley Rides
- Berkey Creamery Ice Cream with the Chancellor
- Behrend Athletics Games
- Penn State Football Watching Party
- Interactive Family Game Show
- Rise & Shine Webinar
- Campus Historical Tours
- Yahn Planetarium Shows
- Updates from the Chancellor
- Admissions Info Sessions
- Athletics Hall of Fame (invite only)
- Black School of Business Reunion
- 50th Anniversary of Soccer
- Black Alumni Reunion (hosted by Behrend Black Leadership Alumni Coalition – BBLAC)
- Behrend Alumni Awards Reception
- Behrend Alumni Self-Guided Wine Tour ($) (Tentative)
- 1 Year Reunion (Class of 2020!) (Tentative)
There are several hotels in the area and many of them offer Behrend special event rates. Please visit our lodging page for more details. We encourage you to explore refundable travel options, since there are many unknowns.
Registration will open summer 2021.