The public labs are scheduled on a priority basis to provide an equal opportunity for students, faculty, and staff to use the lab facilities. If you are interested in scheduling a lab for seminars or classes, see the guidelines listed below.
- Public labs can only be reserved by a faculty member, faculty sponsored organization, or the Learning Resource Center.
- To avoid scheduling conflicts and to better guarantee placement:
- Contact the Registrar's Office to reserve a lab for a class that has a semester-long lab component; reservations made in this manner always take precedence.
- All ad-hoc or non-LionPath scheduled computer lab reservations are submitted via the CollegeNet facility scheduling resource. Once a reservation has been placed, it will have a Tentative status until approved by a member of BITS, and at that time, a confirmation email will be sent to the requesting faculty or staff member. Those requests that involve special accommodations will remain in a tentative status until those needs have been addressed.
- The Hammermill CyberLounge is always an “open” lab and is never reserved for instructional use. Other open lab times exist when reservations are not in place or if a class that had reserved a lab ends early. Refer to the reservation schedule posted outside the entrance to each lab.
- Although all technology classrooms and lecture halls have an instructor PC, if you need an additional computer in the classroom for a demonstration, student presentations, etc., please contact Information Technology Services to schedule a portable classroom cart.