Penn State Behrend-Sigma Xi Undergraduate Research and Creative Accomplishment Conference
The Penn State Behrend-Sigma Xi Undergraduate Research and Creative Accomplishment Conference provides an opportunity for students to present their research and creative accomplishment results in a public setting. Many students use this regional conference to practice their presentations prior to presenting them in a national or international setting. Students present their results either by poster or by oral presentation. The college also invites students from other regional colleges and universities to participate.
2021 Conference Format
- Conference will be in a virtual format.
- Presenters will be responsible for submitting the following electronic presentation materials prior to the conference:
- Graphical poster consisting of three JPG or PNG images
- 3-5 minute video presentation
- One-page project summary
- Specific guidance on materials will be forwarded after conference registration and abstract submission.
- Presentation materials will be posted prior to the conference for review by judges.
- Presenters will be required to be online for a minimum of one hour on Saturday, April 24, for a live a Q&A discussion. Specific times will be determined by session assignments and could take place any time between 8:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- To promote faculty-mentored undergraduate research
- To provide undergraduate students with the opportunity to present their research and creative accomplishment results in a public setting
- To promote collaboration among the region's colleges and universities
Oral presentations (15 minutes) or poster displays (notification of acceptance will state requirements)
|Deadline Date||Item Due or Scheduled Event|
|February 1, 2021||Online Abstract Submission Opens|
|February 1, 2021||Call for Session Chairs and Judges|
|February 22, 2021||Deadline for Session Chairs and Judges Sign-Up|
|February 22, 2021||Deadline for Abstract Submission|
|March 8, 2021||Notification of Abstract Acceptance|
|April 5, 2021||Notification of Presentation Times|
|April 12, 2021||Deadline for Submission of Conference Materials|
|April 24, 2021||Virtual Conference|
- Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Online Abstract Submission
- Session Chair and Judges Guidelines
- Online Session Chairs and Judges Registration
- Presentation Guidelines
- Conference Abstract Book Archives