The management information systems minor can open new career options for students, increase their market value, and improve their chances for advancement.
A grade of C or better is required for all courses in the minor.
Requirements (18 credits)
1. MIS 204 - Introduction to Business Information Systems
2. MIS 336 - Data Management Systems
3. MIS 430 - Systems Analysis
4. Two approved MIS/CMPSC electives (any level)
5. One approved MIS/CMPSC elective (400 level)
Advising and Course Selection
Students are encouraged to meet with an MIS faculty member to select electives that fit their major and career objectives. Courses that are not specified as MIS/CMPSC may include Software Engineering or Computer Engineering. Any transfer courses or other prefixes should receive prior approval from the Program Director.
Declaring an MIS Minor
If you have any questions about the minor, please contact the in-charge person for the minor, Dr. Kathleen Noce. (firstname.lastname@example.org)