If you are on campus and experience a serious or life-threatening medical emergency, dial 911.
There are two major hospitals located within 20 minutes of Penn State Behrend: St. Vincent Hospital and UPMC Hamot. Both hospitals provide acute and emergency care. UPMC Hamot has been designated the Trauma Emergency Center for the Erie area.
Please note: All hospital emergency room and in-patient fees are the patient's responsibility.
Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are located at the following campus locations:
- Health and Wellness Center (Carriage House)
- Burke Center (2nd floor by the Cafe')
- Junker Center (main level by the front desk and in the athletic training rooms)
- Logan House (First floor near restrooms)
- Library Receiving Area (Second floor outside room 121, Irvin Kochel Center hallway)
- Nick Building (adjacent to main entrance)
- Reed Union Building (1st floor along back wall between the bathrooms)
- Emergency vehicle (of the responding Police Services Officer)
In accordance with Penn State's SY22 policy for Automated External Defibrillators, any University department or administrative unit planning to purchase, use, or maintain an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) must submit a "Work Plan to Use an AED" to the Office of Environmental Health and Safety.
If you or your club/organization plan to sponsor a special event at a University venue, you need to comply with Penn State's administrative policy regarding emergency services. Please review the ADG04 policy for Providing Emergency Medical Services at University Events.
For questions or additional information regarding emergency medical services, contact the Health and Wellness Center.