Shortcuts: https://behrend.psu.edu/fso / https://behrend.psu.edu/nfo / https://behrend.psu.edu/onboarding
The information below is a brief overview of BITS services. Click on the button within each area to learn more details about a topic.
- Service Now (Snow) - This is the University-wide, online help system to request IT help. To submit a SNOW ticket (also called an IT ticket), visit IT Help.
- Urgent Matters - Call BITS Service Desk at 814-217-HELP (4357), Monday-Thursday: 8:00 am – 9:00 pm, and Fridays, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Outside of these hours, calls to our service desk are automatically forwarded to the University Park IT Help Desk.
- BITS Service/Help Desks - The help desks are staffed by student consultants at various campus locations.
Technology for Your Office
- Your personal work files are saved to the Microsoft cloud.
- What you need to do: Please follow the instructions to set up OneDrive (PDF | Word) or view the OneDrive video (at Bits & Tips).
- After OneDrive is set up, your Desktop, Favorites, and Documents are redirected to OneDrive.
- Files may be synced for easy access via Windows File Explorer.
Department File Access
- Department files are located in Teams.
- What you need to do: Please: a) contact your department and request that they add you as a Team member and 2) follow the instructions to sync the Team files (PDF | Word) or view the "Sync a Team Channel" video.
- After the above has been done, you'll be able to access the Team files via Windows File Explorer (in addition to using the Teams app).
Office 365 Desktop Apps
- Outlook, Word, and Excel are installed on your system.
- What you need to do: Please follow the instructions to Sign into Office 365 (PDF | Word) or view the Sign into Office 365 video.
Email and Calendars
- Outlook is the email and calendar system used within the University.
- What you need to do: If you want use email on your phone, we recommend that you use the Outlook app for the best experience; please refer to the Outlook Mobile Setup guide (PDF | Word)
- If you need assistance to set up your personal device for email or calendaring, please make an appointment with the Service Desk in Hammermill or submit an IT Ticket.
- Office 365 and G-Suite may be used for communication and collaboration. Both suites have applications for creating documents, spreadsheets, presentations, web forms, etc. as well as features for sharing documents with others.
- Adobe Creative Cloud is a collection of software which includes Acrobat, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc. What you need to do: 1) obtain an Adobe Software License and 2) install the desired software from the Software Center. >> Instructions coming soon, but in the meantime, please submit an IT Ticket for assistance. <<
More information about phones (physical and virtual), software, videoconferencing, and other resources are available; click the green "Tech for Your Office (Campus or Remote)" button.
Tech for Your Office (Campus or Remote) >>
Technology For Teaching
- Public labs are reserved via the Registrar's Office for semester-long requests.
- Ad-hoc reservations are made via CollegeNet and approved by BITS.
Labs: Systems and Software
- Availability of software varies by location. Refer to the Lab Software database to search for a software title's location.
- Faculty may request that software be installed in labs for an upcoming semester. To do so, complete the Instructional Software Readiness Program form.
- Behrend Cloud Services provides information on how to access the computer lab environments and software.
- For more information about available technology in classrooms, please submit an IT ticket or call 814-217-4357.
- All newly hired University faculty and staff are required to take the Information Security Awareness training within 30 days of receiving your Penn State Account.
- The University provides various opportunities to learn or to expand your knowledge and skills in a wide variety of areas, including business, IT, and creative applications.
- Behrend's Bits and Tips site provides short video clips and/or step-by-step guides for podium controls and Office 365, including OneDrive, Teams, and Outlook. Additional topics are added each semester.
- Behrend Cloud Services provides information on how to access the computer lab environments, lab software, and your office desktop computer.
- Keep Teaching provides resources for various modes of teaching.
- The Center for eLearning Initiatives and the Center for Teaching Initiatives can provide guidance and assistance with teaching and learning.