Executives in Residence can be working, semi-retired or retired executives, or successful business owners, who are recognized as significant leaders within their industry. An Executive in Residence must meet the following criteria:
- Track record of leading business or corporate ventures.
- Mentoring experience and willingness to assist students and faculty with networking.
- Availability throughout the academic year for significant interaction with students and faculty members.
- Penn State University alumni status is not required.
- Willingness to promote career opportunities through internships and full-time positions.
- Nomination by a member of the Black School of Business faculty or administration.
- Letter of intent from the nominated Executive in Residence, including résumé and biography.
- Final appointment approved and delivered by the Director of the Black School of Business for renewable one-year terms.
- Sponsoring department establishes activities and events for the Executive in Residence to take part in.
- Guest parking passes provided by the school's administrative staff.
- Penn State email address provided to encourage interaction with students and faculty members.
- Penn State Executive in Residence business cards provided.
- Routine office supplies and modest expenses are covered by the school, but no salary, office space, or computer is provided.