Penn State Behrend annually funds nearly $250,000 in undergraduate research opportunities, giving students hands-on learning experiences in their areas of interest. Each student is eligible for grants ranging from $700 to $1,200, and follows an application process that includes selecting a faculty mentor, developing a research project, and creating a formal proposal.
The college also hosts an undergraduate research conference each year where students present their work.
Black School of Business students have an opportunity to collaborate with professors on projects that make a difference in the real world, whether through Innovation through Collaboration (ITC) Projects or through research projects. Students have even created financial literacy video presentations for high school teachers and students on a variety of financial topics.
Students also work in the college’s many outreach centers, including:
- Economic Research Institute of Erie (ERIE), under the direction of Dr. Kenneth K.T. Louie
- Partnership Erie, under the direction of Dr. Kathleen Noce
The Black School of Business is launching two new outreach centers that will focus on helping family-owned businesses and improving financial literacy. Learn more about:
Black School of Business faculty can come to your school—virtually! We can customize classroom topics and experiences based on your subject areas and teaching needs. We're prepared to talk to students about business topics that align with the coursework you're presenting and with state curriculum standards.
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Accounting as a Profession
- Algorithms and Programming
- Career Opportunities with a Global Firm
- Contemporary Marketing Careers
- Dynamics of Economics in the Modern Age
- Entrepreneurship — Setting Goals for New Business
- Functions of Government
- Global Management Fundamentals
- Global Marketing Today
- International Business
- Investing in Your Future
- Personal Finance and Budgeting
- Self Marketing for Career Success
For More Information
Visit the Penn State Behrend Black School of Business outreach website to learn more.
Assistant Teaching Professor of Accounting
Associate Chair, Outreach