Read a message from the director.
- Ten bachelor's degrees, three master's degrees, one associate degree, nine minors, and six certificate programs
- Supported by a $20 million gift from the late insurance executive Samuel P. Black, Jr. and his wife, Irene
- Average junior/senior level class size: 30
Hallmarks and Distinctions
- Programs are accredited by AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), the premier accrediting agency for schools of business. Only 5 percent of colleges and universities worldwide have obtained this designation, including world-class business schools like Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, and Yale.
- The school is listed in the Princeton Review’s Best 300 Business Schools. In the Princeton Review report, students surveyed cited Penn State Behrend's MBA program as "the best value for a working student in the local area," and said that Penn State Behrend enjoys "an outstanding reputation" and is "the best school, academically, for the region."
- The Interdisciplinary Business with Engineering Studies degree is offered jointly with the School of Engineering, and is one of the first and only of its kind in the country.
- The Interdisciplinary Science and Business degree is offered jointly with the School of Science to prepare students for positions on the business side of science, technology, and health-care organizations.
- The Black School of Business is the first school in the country to offer education and certification for both Oracle and SAP software systems.
- The Black School of Business understands the global marketplace and prepares our graduates for success in a global community. To do so, the school strongly encourages students to participate in global education opportunities.
We educate and empower minds to learn actively, adapt to change, solve problems, make decisions, and identify opportunities to improve business performance ethically and in a socially-responsible manner.
Learning by Doing. Advancing Knowledge. Innovating through Collaboration.
The Black School of Business will be a leader in creating an innovative academic learning environment by building and leveraging partnerships among students, faculty, disciplines, and industry to turn tomorrow’s business challenges into opportunities. Read the Vision 2023 Strategic Plan.