Read a message from the director.
- Eleven bachelor's degrees, three master's degrees, one associate degree, nine minors, and six certificate programs
- Supported by a $20 million gift from the late insurance executive Samuel P. Black, Jr. and his wife, Irene
- Average junior/senior level class size: 30
Hallmarks and Distinctions
The Black School of Business is the only business school in the region accredited by AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), the premier accrediting agency for business education.
You’ll also find us listed among America’s Best Business Schools and the Best 300 Business Schools in the country.
Our business programs rank among the top 10% in the country—out of more than 1,700 universities nationwide—for value, or financial return (Georgetown University Center on Education and Workforce). At all levels—associate, bachelor’s, and master’s—the net earnings of Behrend business program graduates are among the best in the country.
- Our programs are accredited by AACSB International (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), the premier accrediting agency for schools of business. Fewer than 6 percent of colleges and universities worldwide have obtained this designation, including world-class business schools like Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, and Yale.
- The school is listed in the Princeton Review’s Best 300 Business Schools. In the Princeton Review report, students surveyed cited Penn State Behrend's MBA program as "the best value for a working student in the local area," and said that Penn State Behrend enjoys "an outstanding reputation" and is "the best school, academically, for the region."
- The Interdisciplinary Business with Engineering Studies degree is offered jointly with the School of Engineering, and is one of the first and only of its kind in the country.
- The Interdisciplinary Science and Business degree is offered jointly with the School of Science to prepare students for positions on the business side of science, technology, and health-care organizations.
- The Black School of Business is the first school in the country to offer education and certification for both Oracle and SAP software systems.
- The Black School of Business understands the global marketplace and prepares our graduates for success in a global community. To do so, the school strongly encourages students to participate in global education opportunities.
We empower minds to adapt to change, make decisions, solve problems, and improve business performance in a sustainable, ethical, and socially responsible manner.
Learning by Doing. Innovating through Collaboration. Advancing Knowledge.
The Black School of Business will create an innovative environment for learning, research, and outreach that extends across disciplines by building and leveraging partnerships among students, faculty, staff, and industry to make a positive impact on business and society.