Join us for Science Story Time—at home!
Your preschooler can enjoy the fun and learning experience of Penn State Behrend's Science Story Time with experiments—at home. Each experiment includes a video demonstration, instructional hand-out, and recommended companion books.
- Pepper and Soap Experiment
- Lava Lamp in a Glass Experiment
- Self-Inflating Balloon Experiment
- Balloon Rocket Experiment
- Purple Cabbage Experiment
- Three-Ingredient Slime Experiment
- Bubble Snake Experiment
- Bread and Mold Experiment
- Popsicle Stick Catapult Experiment
- Soda Straw Rockets Experiment
- Tie-Dyed Milk Experiment
- Fizzing Planets Experiment—new
NOTE: There are no Science Story Time on-campus programs scheduled at this time.
Once a month, you're invited to bring your preschooler to Penn State Behrend for story reading, interactive activities, and "out-of-this-world" fun! Science Story Time is free and open to all preschool-aged children. Just be sure to RSVP in advance for both you and your child for every session. Each session includes a story reading and hands-on lesson by Tracy Halmi, associate teaching professor in chemistry.
For more information on Science Story Time, contact Ms. Halmi at [email protected] or call 814-898-6105.