Courses and Dates
Use these links to jump to a specific course description from the topics below.
- How I Impact My Organization
- Dealing With Team Conflict and Challenging Situations
- Leading a Team That Gets Results
- Create a Motivated Team Climate
- Understanding the Generation Mix in the Workplace
- Communication and Professionalism
- Getting Things Done With Time Management
- Solving Problems and Managing Priorities
How I Impact My Organization
- Define what organizational excellence is and how you can deliver it to your team.
- Understand the two sides of superior service.
- Self-assessment: Rate your current ability to deliver excellence.
- Discover how organizational excellence benefits you and the entire team.
- Better understand your customers: who you serve and the impact you have.
- Benchmark where you and your team are now with service excellence and develop goals for improvement.
- Define current challenges/obstacles to leadership and organizational excellence.
Dealing With Team Conflict and Challenging Situations
- Discover the influence and choices you have in overcoming conflict and workplace challenges.
- Recognize how we benefit from identifying challenges and overcoming them.
- Identify the workplace behaviors that are toxic to you and your organization.
- Understand the impact toxic behaviors have on you and your organization.
- Learn to take control of your own reactions and bring the right attitude to work.
- Discover how to unhook from emotional traps with these four practical steps.
- Select the right business tool to turn emotional encounters into professional ones.
- Identify your own communication/behavior style and those of people you find difficult.
- Learn how to interact with and manage different types of people successfully.
Leading a Team That Gets Results
- Identify the characteristics of great and lousy leadership and the impact these styles have on the team.
- Understand the power of leadership influence.
- Learn the “5 Levels of Leadership” model and how its application can develop a powerful leader within you.
- Apply the ‘5 Levels of Leadership’ model to the best/worst leaders you know and discover which levels of leadership they use.
- Discover ‘Situational Leadership’ and how to assess your team’s motivation and maturity.
- Learn how to adapt your leadership style to the needs of your team members and situations.
- Discover an effective method for knowing when to grant your team more decision-making/problem-solving authority.
- Recognize the right time to direct, coach, support, or delegate.
Create a Motivated Team Climate
- Understand workplace motivation and the myths that often frustrate leaders.
- Learn the #1 method for successfully motivating your team.
- Discover and adopt the best practices of workplace motivation.
- Identify the top six things every employee wants from their leader that often creates a motivated workplace.
- Discover the top ten motivational tips that inspire team members to want to perform at their peak.
- Assess how well you know your team and engage their external motivators at work.
- Learn the key ingredients for planning effective rewards and incentives.
- Discover how to use both positive and negative reinforcement for optimal performance.
Understanding the Generation Mix in the Workplace
- Identify the challenges of age diversity in your organization and discover why managing the generation mix matters.
- Improve your understanding of the four distinct generations at work by defining their typical influences, communication styles, core values, and how they view others.
- Learn to use today’s digital and social media tools to communicate with your team and improve organizational effectiveness.
- Understand typical work ethics, work behaviors, and work values by generation.
- Discover tools and tips to assist in recruiting, producing results, and retaining employees of each generation.
Communicating Like a Pro
- Understand the communication process and what can help or hurt successful communication.
- Discover the three ingredients of communication and how to use them for powerful, effective communication.
- Learn how to communicate effectively before saying a word.
- Learn how perceptions impact communication and discover tips to improve others’ perceptions of you.
- Understand the power of listening to ensure you are effectively using this critical leadership skill.
- Discover key tools for communicating with impact (using charts, data, color, layout, communication mediums, etc.).
Getting Things Done With Time Management
- Understand the #1 key to managing your time and making effective use of it.
- Get motivated to make the most effective use of your time.
- Learn and apply four simple steps for the highest personal productivity.
- Learn how to successfully control events, plan your day (and beyond), prioritize, and minimize time robbers such as procrastination, interruptions, and the constant paper flow.
- Discover a fail-proof process for getting better organized/focused and accomplishing tasks on time.
Solving Problems and Managing Priorities
- Problems faced by supervisors
- The six-step problem-solving process
- Tools and techniques for solving problems
- Applying tools to current problems