Courses and Descriptions
Use these links to jump to a specific course description from the topics below.
- How I Impact My Organization
- Dealing With Team Conflict and Challenging Situations
- Leading a Team That Gets Results
- Creating a Culture of Motivation Through Relationship Building
- Harnessing the Power of Five Generations at Work
- Effective Communication
- Getting Things Done With Effective and Efficient Time Management
- Managing Successful Projects
- From Stressed to Zest: Re-Energizing Yourself and Your Team
- Helping Others to Be Successful
How I Impact My Organization
- Define what organizational excellence is and how you can deliver it to your team.
- Understand the two sides of superior service.
- Self-assessment: Rate your current ability to deliver excellence.
- Discover how organizational excellence benefits you and the entire team.
- Better understand your customers: who you serve and the impact you have.
- Benchmark where you and your team are now with service excellence and develop goals for improvement.
- Define current challenges/obstacles to leadership and organizational excellence.
Dealing With Team Conflict and Challenging Situations
- Discover the influence and choices you have in overcoming conflict and workplace challenges.
- Recognize how we benefit from identifying challenges and overcoming them.
- Identify the workplace behaviors that are toxic to you and your organization.
- Understand the impact toxic behaviors have on you and your organization.
- Learn to take control of your own reactions and bring the right attitude to work.
- Discover how to unhook from emotional traps with these four practical steps.
- Select the right business tool to turn emotional encounters into professional ones.
- Identify your own communication/behavior style and those of people you find difficult.
- Learn how to interact with and manage different types of people successfully.
Leading a Team That Gets Results
- Identify the characteristics of great and lousy leadership and the impact these styles have on the team.
- Understand the power of leadership influence.
- Learn the "5 Levels of Leadership" model and how its application can develop a powerful leader within you.
- Apply the "5 Levels of Leadership" model to the best/worst leaders you know and discover which levels of leadership they use.
- Discover "Situational Leadership" and how to assess your team's motivation and maturity.
- Learn how to adapt your leadership style to the needs of your team members and situations.
- Discover an effective method for knowing when to grant your team more decision-making/problem-solving authority.
- Recognize the right time to direct, coach, support, or delegate.
Creating a Culture of Motivation Through Relationship Building
- Understand workplace motivation and the myths that often frustrate leaders.
- Learn the #1 method for successfully motivating your team.
- Discover and adopt the best practices of workplace motivation.
- Identify the top six things every employee wants from their leader that often creates a motivated workplace.
- Discover the top ten motivational tips that inspire team members to want to perform at their peak.
- Assess how well you know your team and engage their external motivators at work.
- Learn the key ingredients for planning effective rewards and incentives.
- Discover how to use both positive and negative reinforcement for optimal performance.
Harness the Power of Five Generations at Work
- Identify the challenges of age diversity in your organization and discover why managing the generation mix matters.
- Improve your understanding of the five distinct generations at work by defining their typical influences, communication styles, core values, and how they view others.
- Learn to use today's digital and social media tools to communicate with your team and improve organizational effectiveness.
- Understand typical work ethics, work behaviors, and work values by generation.
- Discover tools and tips to assist in recruiting, producing results, and retaining employees of each generation.
- Understand the communication process and what can help or hurt successful communication.
- Discover the three ingredients of communication and how to use them for powerful, effective communication.
- Learn how to communicate effectively before saying a word.
- Learn how perceptions impact communication and discover tips to improve others' perceptions of you.
- Understand the power of listening to ensure you are effectively using this critical leadership skill.
- Discover key tools for communicating with impact (using charts, data, color, layout, communication mediums, etc.).
Getting Things Done With Effective and Efficient Time Management
- Understand the #1 key to managing your time and making effective use of it.
- Get motivated to make the most effective use of your time.
- Learn and apply four simple steps for the highest personal productivity
- Learn how to successfully control events, plan your day (and beyond), prioritize, and minimize time robbers such as procrastination, interruptions, and the constant paper flow.
- Discover a fail-proof process for getting better organized/focused and accomplishing tasks on time.
Managing Successful Projects
- Learn and apply the basic principles of project management.
- Discover the four phases of every project and how to effectively manage each phase.
- Learn how to use three parameters of projects to ensure they are successful.
- Understand how to control work in progress, make adjustments without going off-track, and bring projects to a successful conclusion.
From Stressed to Zest: Re-Energizing Yourself and Your Team
- Discover the causes of stress and the impact it has on you, your team, and your organization.
- Learn the choices you have for managing stress and using your stress for greater effectiveness.
- Discover and adopt twelve habits proven to lower the impact of stress.
- Learn nine ways to energize your day and your life.
- Get inspired by the wisdom of others—learn what highly productive people do to keep stress in perspective and thrive through it.
Helping Others to be Successful
- Discover your learning style and that of others on your team and the best style to use to connect with the people on your team.
- Know what to expect from adult learners and what motivates them to learn.
- Discover ways to get your team to retain 90% of what you teach them.
- Learn the difference between an effective coach and mentor—and which to be for your people
- Putting it all together—summarize the course and see its application through a video case study.