Welcome to CORE
The Susan Hirt Hagen Center for Community Outreach, Research and Evaluation (CORE) is located at Penn State Erie, The Behrend College. Through the generosity of Susan H. Hagen, CORE was established in 1998 to provide research, evaluation, and proposal development services to teen pregnancy prevention providers. The Center has broadened the original focus of teen pregnancy prevention to encompass healthy youth development.
CORE is dedicated to achieving excellence in client services through an ongoing commitment to education, research, and the Erie community.
Promoting and sustaining positive communities for youth.
Our Mission is to cultivate a holistic, intentional, and interdisciplinary approach to positive youth development by promoting resiliency and pro-social behavior. We facilitate community outreach, conduct research, and provide evaluation to support educational institutions, community agencies, and government initiatives that serve youth.
- Provide research and evaluation services to positive youth development service providers, social service agencies, businesses, and other organizations in northwestern Pennsylvania to enable them to deliver the most effective services possible
- Facilitate independent and collaborative research projects on a local, statewide, and national level to develop appropriate, comprehensive strategies for program development
- Assist community organizations with the identification of funding sources and submission of competitive proposals
- Provide independent evaluations; offering the client an objective view for identifying areas of improvement to sustain funding
- Support the Positive Youth Development Advisory Board and subcommittees by offering services that will assist in setting the framework for successful initiatives and results