On the Cover:
Rob Parise, a Software Engineering major, and Ali Bastian, an Accounting major, were photographed in front of Penn State Behrend’s new food truck. Rob highly recommends the Anchor Burger (hold the jalapenos for him) and Ali is a fan of the curly fries. Dubbed “The Clipper” in keeping with Penn State Behrend’s tradition of naming food and housing facilities after people and ships connected to the Battle of Lake Erie, the thirty-one-foot Freightliner set sail on its maiden voyage to Hammermill Building on the first day of the fall 2017 semester. Students were soon lining up between classes to nosh on burgers, fries, tacos, chicken and waffle sandwiches, and more. Learn more about The Clipper and other advances in campus dining.
From this Issue:
- Chancellor's Message
- Good News in the Latest Rankings
- All engineering programs now ABET accredited
- Behrend is growing
- More parking
- Black School of Business launches Executive in Residence program
- Late-night gaming
- In Memoriam
- A painting that moves
- Brian Kupchella ’90 named a Penn State Alumni Fellow
- Fall career fair draws record numbers
- Hundreds attend eclipse event
- Meals on Wheels: Behrend's New Food Truck
- The Sweet Smell of Applied Science
- Behrend's Ties to Germany
- Money Talks at WP$E
- Building Positive Youth Leaders
- NSF Grant Establishes Research Site
- Ask The Experts
- Student Spends Summer Studying in Africa
- Athletics Fall Season Recap
- All in the (Swim) Family
- Your support boosts our students’ success.
- Alumni News
- Parting Shots
Vol. 35 No.1 Penn State Behrend Magazine is published twice a year and provided free to alumni and friends of Penn State Behrend by the Office of Strategic Communications. Executive Editor: William Gonda, [email protected]. Editor: Heather Cass, [email protected]. Contributors: Robb Frederick ‘92, Steve Orbanek, Christine Palattella. Photos: Rob Frank ‘06, Matt Kleck, Tim Rohrbach. Change of address/Unsubscribe: Development and Alumni Relations at 814-898-6159 or [email protected]. Correspondence: Behrend Magazine, 207 Glenhill Farmhouse, 4701 College Drive, Erie, PA 16563-1902. Phone 814-898-6419. Copyright ©2018 Penn State Erie, The Behrend College. This publication is available in alternative media on request.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. U.Ed. EBO 18-191.