On the Cover:
John Jarecki, Student Government Association president, led the campaign to bring a Lion bench to Behrend. The life-sized statue of Penn State’s mascot, wrapped in a scarf, saves a seat for anyone who wants to sit a spell. The Behrend Lion bench is near the entrance to Senat Hall, in the recently expanded Ben Lane Plaza. It was purchased by the Student Government Association, with a goal of connecting Behrend students to the larger Penn State identity. Learn more about the Lion bench on page 6. Photo by Jaret Kelly.
- Bloomberg Terminals added
- A colorful collaboration
- The art of science
- Alumna Priscilla Hamilton named Alumni Fellow
- In Memoriam: Patricia “Pat” Yahn and William M. “Bill” Hilbert Sr.
- Parents, Families & Alumni Weekend
- New Lion Bench Boosts Penn State Pride
- Behrend Becomes Partner in $26 Million Erie Research Initiative
- Students Discover Invasive Species in Pennsylvania Waters
- A Career in Coasters
- History: A Work in Progress
- Good Science = Great Wine
- Royal Ambition
- Sustainability Projects Funded
- Once a Nurse, Always a Giver
- New Book Details History of Glenhill Farmhouse
- Student Success
- First Gong of 2020
- Public Relations Student of the Year
- Graduate Student Presents Research Work
- Student Wins Bronze in State Equestrian Competition
- Athletics News
- The Impact of Giving
- Parting Shots
- Girls gather STEAM
- WE ARE…always happy to welcome family “home”
- Behrend honored for commitment to community
- Sustainable dining in Trippe Hall
Vol. 37 No.1 Penn State Behrend Magazine is published twice a year and provided free to alumni and friends of Penn State Behrend by the Office of Strategic Communications. Executive Editor: William Gonda [email protected]. Editor: Heather Cass [email protected]. Contributors: Robb Frederick ‘92, Kristin Bowers. Photos: Rob Frank ‘06, Matt Kleck. Change of address/Unsubscribe: Development and Alumni Relations at 814-898-6089 or [email protected]. Correspondence: Behrend Magazine, 207 Glenhill Farmhouse, 4701 College Drive, Erie PA 16563-1902. Phone 814-898-6419. Copyright ©2020 Penn State Erie, The Behrend College.
This publication is available in alternative media on request. Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. U.Ed. EBO 20-271.