On the Cover:
Brady Smith, at right, a high jumper on Behrend’s track-and-field team, was always a standout jumper for the Behrend Lions, but he reached new heights this year, thanks to another high-flying teammate, Sam Hetrick, at left. The teammates’ friendly rivalry generated some impressive results. The two finished the indoor track season ranked third (Smith) and fifth (Hetrick) overall in the NCAA Indoor Track Championship, earning All- American honors. They each had a final mark of 2.03 meters. Read more about Behrend’s top leaping Lions.
From this Issue:
- Chancellor's Message
Philanthropy powers excellence
- Dr. Bendapudi visits Behrend
- U.S. News ranks engineering programs among nation’s best
- Innovation Commons gets $2.13 million and a new name
- $6 million investment will expand economic impact of Knowledge Park
- Tune in to chancellor-hosted podcast
- Erie Hall “Topped Off”
- Susan Hirt Hagen CORE complete
- STEAM Fair returns to Junker Center
- Esports program begins play
- Save the date for the Women’s Engagement Council 5K run for women
- Professor Estremera is on the run
- New Center for Family Business launches
- Housing and Food Services honored
- In Memoriam
- The Impact of Giving
- Athletics News
- Student Success
- Alumni News
Volume 39, No. 1 Penn State Behrend Magazine is published twice a year and provided free to alumni and friends of Penn State Behrend by the Office of Strategic Communications.
Executive Editor: William Gonda [email protected]. Editor: Heather Cass [email protected]. Design: Martha Campbell [email protected]. Contributors: Robb Frederick ‘92. Photos: Rob Frank ‘06, Matt Kleck. Change of address/Unsubscribe: Development and Alumni Relations at 814-898-6089 or [email protected]. Correspondence: Behrend Magazine, 207 Glenhill Farmhouse, 4701 College Drive, Erie PA 16563-1902. Phone 814-898-6419. Copyright ©2022 Penn State Erie, The Behrend College. This publication is available in alternative media on request.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. U.Ed. EBO 22-283.