In collaboration with Transportation Solutions, Penn State Behrend will offer in-person training in Class A commercial delivery licensing (CDL) for new and experienced drivers.
During this course of in-person classroom training, vehicle inspection hands-on training, vehicle skills hands-on training, and road skills testing, students will learn all Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier rules and regulations as they pertain to a professional driver.
The curriculum will follow the Federal Motor Carrier rules and regulations outlined in their Class A CDL Training Curriculum (PDF).
Dates: COMING SOON! Dates to be announced soon!
Steps on the Road to Success/Shifting Gears to a New Career!
- Review the Commercial Driver's License fact sheet
- Sign and return the Record Check waiver and Pre-Assessment to Penn State Behrend with $30 application fee—Forms to be available soon!
- Prepare for the Commercial Driving Permit with the PA DOT Manual
- Complete the Commercial Driving Permit application
- Complete the Self Certification Form
- Schedule a Medical Exam with a DOT-approved provider and obtain a Medical Certificate
- Apply in person at the DMV to take a permit exam (knowledge test)
- Attend in-person training at Behrend
- Attend hands-on and Behind the Wheel Skills training with Transportation Solutions
- Register for CDL Class A course at Penn State Behrend—Registration to Open Soon!
Expected Training Schedule
|Vehicle Inspection||10 hours|
|Vehicle Skills||10 hours|
Questions or need help with the appropriate forms to get started? Email Carleen Orlando at [email protected] to learn more!